Monday, May 10, 2010

Not even star-crossed, just unlucky

Greetings earthlings. My dad indirectly works for Fujifilm and they were doing a test on their printing machines this week so I got a shit load of prints made for free! I have had a bunch of sleeves of negatives that I never printed because I can't afford it piling up in my room and finally I got all of those color babies done. These are the best photos of the lot, a mix of pictures from Portland, and from my month home around Christmas. I also sent in a bunch of black and white negatives so I will probably be posting a bunch more tomorrow so please check back if you haven't decided to hate my blog like many of those cordial folks who commented on my last post. I hate to disappoint the kids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60Y323q__0





This baby is not a great exposure but the light on their faces is just amazing. I love them.



Mom...


Hailey's christmas present, a fisheye lens for her Diana, which she calls Princess Di.





This was taken the same night as the one of Luke and Kt holding each other up with their heads. I used a tripod and had Luke run around me while I took a 5 second exposure.




If you ever get a chance to go to Portland you must must MUST got to Really Good Stuff on SE Hawethorne and 12th. It is the best antique/junk store I have ever been to and the guy that owns it is the fucking man. I am not sure which of these first two pictures I like better so I put them up for a vote. Tell me which one is better and win a prize!





This is what my back yard looked like in Oregon. Yum!


These were taken on one of many lonely lonely nights in my house in Oregon. I really liked how warm the wood looked in the light so I just collected a bunch of things from around the house and had them strike a couple poses for me. I'm not really a "series" type of dude when it comes to photos but I like how these came out.



4 comments:

  1. that striped jacket i was wearing makes the 5 second exposure look especially cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I do like the warm fuzziness in the foreground of the first Really Good Stuff Pic, there's something beautiful and cluttered-feeling about the articulation of every item in the second pic, and I like that you are drawn to the mystery of what could be in the glowing room through the doorway. Therefore I vote for the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgz I'm in yr blog
    less words but I vote for the second one too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to vote for the first. I like how the focus is in the background; it serves to make the picture more intriguing. The room in the back with all the light and color pouring out of it—that's fucking magical. That's what I want life to look like: a long blurry hallway with a big slice of intrigue pie at the end of it.
    Great job KylE!

    ReplyDelete